David is a first year Driver/ Leader for Midnight Sun Tours. He has been posted to Alaksa for the summer. His adventure will last a total of 97 days.

Monday, August 16, 2004

Smokey end of the Road

I dropped the group off at Beaver Creek, YT today, close to the US border to meet their shuttle bus that takes them into Anchorage- the one that didnt show up last time.
I was actually sad to see them go. This group was by far the best group of the year. They even wrote their own song and dance routine to sing to me the last night after dinner to the tune of "Hey Big Spender", and "Dont Cry for me Argentina" it was really nice. Never have I had a group put that much effort into a going away speach. So I am staying in the Westmark Hotel in Beaver Creek tonight and tomorrow night and then driving to Kenny Lake Wednesday to pick up my next group. I will be starting them 4 days into a 14 day Arctic Circle trip taking them to Valdez, Denali, The Arctic Circle North of Fairbanks, Chena Hot Springs, Dot Lake Dawson City and Whitehorse ending on the 28th of August. Then I make the long drive home. Ive never been north of FBanks and am looking forward to possibly seeing the Northern Lights as well as the hot springs. The group is only 6 people and should go fast. There is a line up behind me for the net so Ill see if I can get back on later on.
Cheers
Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home