David is a first year Driver/ Leader for Midnight Sun Tours. He has been posted to Alaksa for the summer. His adventure will last a total of 97 days.

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Small Group

So, as I mentioned I have a small group of only 6 people. One newly wed couple from Finland, a guy from the UK a girl from Australia, a girl from Canada and a guy from Italy. The Italian and Finnish dont speak english very well and that has posed a bit of a problem so far. The trip Itinerary is good but currently the whole state of Alaska is under a blanket of forest fire smoke. Lousy. We probably wont get a chance to see the northern lights for the smoke and I am once again finding it hard to breathe. The smoke is so bad in Denali right now, visabiliy is at a mile or less and you can taste the smoke. I should run... oh... almost forgot... I was offered a job with Anadyr Kayaking as a guide for next year! I just need to try to get a work VISA which I heard can be difficult :(
Hope things are all well at home and Ill try to post some pix tomorrow.
Cheers
Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home